Spike News

Iran Threatens Devastating Response to US Sanctions

According to Reuters, on August 21 local time, Iran said that if the United States makes another threat, Iran will respond in a ‘devastating’ manner.

On August 20th, U.S. Treasury Secretary Yves Beaton announced that the United States would impose “the most severe financial sanctions in history” against Iran, with the goal of overthrowing Iran’s leadership. Beaton said that the details of the proposed sanctions will be announced on Monday.

Previously, U.S. President Donald Trump threatened that any country that provides “any form of assistance” to Iran would face economic consequences.

On the 21st local time, Ali Abdollahih, Chief of the Iranian Armed Forces, stated that Iran's counterattack will be comprehensive and decisive.

Abdullahi said: "Iran is fully prepared in its land, sea, air, air defense, and cyberspace. In the face of the enemy's new threats, Iran's armed forces will carry out crushing, punitive, and devastating counterattacks."

Iranian Parliament Speaker Karimpour said that Washington seems to have realized that it cannot win through direct military confrontation.

On that day, Kalibaf discussed with Iranian and Iraqi economic figures in Baghdad, the capital of Iraq. He stated that the United States and Israel have turned to cognitive and economic warfare. 'We must devise strategies to counter these unjust sanctions and break free from the shackles of these sanctions.'