Spike News

Putin Says Some Russian Proposals for Conflict Resolution Are Unacceptable

According to reports by Russian news agencies and the Russian national television program Vesti on August 22, Russian President Putin said in an interview with Russian journalist Pavel Zarubin in Moscow that some of the solutions proposed by Russia to resolve the Russo-Russian conflict are 'abnormal and unacceptable'.

Putin said, "I believe that sometimes the proposals we receive are strange and unacceptable. We are always willing to engage in dialogue, but only on the basis of the actual situation on the ground." He emphasized that Russia is open to peaceful dialogue, but only on the basis of the realities that have emerged on the battlefield.

When asked about the specific details of these “strange” proposals, Putin refused to disclose them. He said that these suggestions had been proposed in some form before, and now they are being repackaged under the current circumstances. They are essentially “tests” conducted through various channels, and it is too early to discuss possible agreements.

Putin Says Some Russian Proposals for Conflict Resolution Are Unacceptable

Putin Answers Questions on Vesti

According to reports, Putin also mentioned in his interview that Kiev is trying to find a way out through some Russian ‘intermediaries who respect their opinions’, in order to prevent the situation from developing in a ‘catastrophic direction’. However, he did not disclose the identities of these intermediaries or the details of the plan.

In addition, Putin responded to recent attacks by Ukraine against Russian civilian and logistics facilities during the same interview. He said that Ukraine has "opened Pandora's box," and Russia has increased its retaliatory strikes against Ukrainian enterprises and sensitive economic sectors. He also stated that the Russian army continues to advance from various directions, and he is confident that the special military operations will be completed.

As of now, the Russo-Ukrainian conflict has lasted for more than four years. Russian media reports do not specify the details of the proposals that Putin refers to as “unacceptable.” There were previous reports indicating that Ukraine and the United States discussed proposals such as freezing the conflict along the current lines and establishing a partial air ceasefire, but Russia continued to insist on its own conditions.