According to a report by Reuters on August 21, a stabbing incident occurred at a high school in Sweden that day, resulting in one death and three injuries. The suspect has been arrested by local police, and the motive for the crime is being investigated.
The incident occurred in Fagshta, a town in central Sweden. The school involved had just ended its summer break. Swedish police said that the suspect was a 18-year-old man who had studied at this high school and had been convicted for attacking other students. At the time of the incident, he was wearing a helmet and held a sword, attacking people on campus.
The police stated that after receiving the alarm call, officers rushed to the scene immediately, shot and subdued the suspect, and arrested him on suspicion of murder. During an inspection of the school, the police found one victim, and three others were injured. The local health department reported that one of the injured people has been discharged from the hospital, and two others are in serious condition.
It is still unclear about the motive of the suspect. The police are investigating a TikTok account that is suspected to be related to the attack. This account posted a photo of a sword 20 minutes before the attack, and it appears that the photo was taken inside a school restroom.
Fagshta Mayor Asa-Marta Schestrom said that the attack incident shocked local residents. "Our top priority is to take care of the students and staff at the school. We are working together to create a safe environment and provide assistance to those in need."
Sweden's Prime Minister Kersting has canceled his speech scheduled for the 22nd. He posted on social media: "We are with all those affected."